Welcome to the Volleyball England referee membership page. Here you can learn how to register as a referee and find out more about the fees and benefits of registering with Volleyball England.
Our membership season runs from 1st August to 31st July every year.
2023-24 referee registration fees
Dual Discount (registering as a referee and coach at the same time)
Concession (under 18 years or over 60 years old)
Dual Discount Concession (concessions registering as a referee and coach at the same time)
Referee Registration Benefits
Registered referees have access to a range of benefits including:
- Insurance - £5 million public liability insurance. Access the insurance summary of cover can be found here and Personal Accident insurance here.
- Access to Events - Invite to the annual refereeing conference.
- Free DBS checks - for eligible referees (cost absorbed by Volleyball England).
- Regular Communication - Refereeing e-newsletter straight to your inbox.
- Eligibility - to officiate at official Volleyball England competitions and tournaments.
- Volleyball England referee kit - opportunity to purchase Volleyball England referee kit (details below).
- Stay up to date - regular updates on rules and interpretations.
- Discount - on selected items from the Volleyball England shop, plus discounts on shopping, travel, technology and home courtesy of Howden.
- Anti-Doping Support - Education & understanding support for referees. Contact Bertrand Olie for more information.
- VolleyStore - Discount on volleyball equipment and clothing.
- Volleyball England Officials Academy (VEOA) - Access the VEOA online e-learning platform.
- Opportunities - for training opportunities at International Events
Thank you for contributing to the growth of volleyball in England.