Registering as a Coach in England with Overseas Volleyball Qualifications
To register as a coach with Volleyball England, with the exception of coaches with FIVB grades (please see the bottom of the page), you must be given a Volleyball England coaching grade. There is a fee of £75 to have an overseas qualification assessed by Volleyball England. If successful you will be awared an equivalent Volleyball England coaching grade and be registered as a coach with Volleyball England until the end of the season.
You can gain a Volleyball England coaching grade in two ways:
- By attending a Volleyball England Assistant Coach, Coach or Volleyball England Level 3 coaching course
- By sending in evidence of holding an overseas coaching qualification and being given an equivalent Volleyball England grade
To be given a Volleyball England coaching grade you will need to pay the £75 fee and send the following information to the Volleyball England Coaching Team via email:
- An electronic copy of your relevant volleyball coaching qualifications, which should include the following information:
- The name of the awarding body/national federation
- The level of the course
- The date the course was passed
- A copy of the course syllabus (breakdown of the hours, modules and content covered) with an accompanying English translation
- Your volleyball CV
- A volleyball statement that explains where and who you will be coaching in England and why you want to coach.
Volleyball England will assess your qualifications against the syllabus for Volleyball England qualifications and then, if successful, inform you of your equivalent qualification level and register you as a coach with Volleyball England until the end of the season..
To pay the assessment fee of £75, you will need to set up a Volleyzone account. This is the link to the VolleyZone guides that will explain how to do this. Once you have your VolleyZone account you can search for Overseas Volleyball Qualifications in Course Finder. Follow the instructions to complete your payment.
Coaches with FIVB qualifications, will need to:
- Send a copy of their FIVB certificate to Coaching@volleyballengland.org
- Have a Volleyzone account. Information about how to set up an account can be found HERE
- Register as a coach with Volleyball England
If you have any further questions or queries, please contact Volleyball England's Coaching Team via email or 01509 974 702.