Beach Coaching Clinic
The Beach Coaching Clinic is a two-day course aimed at anyone who wants to start coaching on the beach.
The course will equip you with the tools, knowledge and resources needed to get started coaching on sand, covering ideas and technical information for working with beginners to more experienced groups.
What does the course cover?
The course will prepare you to plan, organise, and deliver beach volleyball sessions in a safe and enjoyable manner to a group of adults or children.
The course will cover the specific techniques, skills, teamwork and simple tactics in preparation for playing a game including:
- How to serve; differences for the beach; tactics of serving
- How to receive the serve, where to stand, how to pass and options for passing
- How to set the ball and the range of sets specific to the beach
- How to attack using hard and soft shots and how beach differs
- How to block & defend the court, plus defensive systems
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is open to anyone aged at least 16 years old by the first day of the course, who is interested in learning about coaching beach volleyball, be they a qualified coach, a player or someone looking to get into coaching.
All attendees who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of attendance from Volleyball England. To be qualified to independently lead beach volleyball coaching sessions, you will also need to hold a Volleyball England Coach award or equivalent. You can find out more about our Coach Award course here.
Course Fees and Funding
The course costs £140 per person, which includes:
- Tuition from 9am-5pm
- A copy of ‘A Guidebook to the Beach Game’ by Denise Austin
- A certificate of attendance on completion
The following are not included in the course fee:
- Food and drinks
There are a number areas in the country that can access funding to cover course fees. The subsidy can range from small contributions to the full 100%. Visit UK Coaching to find the latest coach education funding opportunities in your area.
What to bring?
You should bring:
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor beach practice
- A pen and notebook
- Food and drinks for each day of the course