Higher Education Volleyball Officer (HEVO) Programme
In January 2010 Volleyball England, as part of their commitment to developing Higher Education volleyball, launched the Higher Education Volleyball Officer (HEVO) programme.
Now in its 7th year the HEVO programme offers students from all universities a voluntary position to work with the National Governing Body and their University. The roles involve leading and co-ordinating the development of recreational volleyball at the host institution in order to encourage new players to come into the sport and to ensure all players have a quality experience at whatever level they participate.
- Over 6000 students participating weekly through the programme
- Upskill a network of HEVOs to become deliverers of recreational volleyball in the higher education setting
- Develop the provision of referees within the higher education environment
- Increase the number of students accessing high quality volleyball competitions (includes HEVOs running a mass participation festival)
ATTRIBUTES OF A HEVO
HEVO Universities will receive:
- A grant for volleyball club to develop recreational sessions and a mass participation festival
- Volleyball England kit to promote and assist the role
- Access and funding support for two referee qualifications
- Support & mentoring from Volleyball England through the HEVO conference and Senior HEVOs
HOW TO JOIN THE PROGRAMME
Volleyball England have an open application process for the HEVO programme. Below are the documents required to apply :
For further information and to return the forms, please contact Rob Payne on 01509 227738 or email@example.com
A message from Keith Nicholls (Acting President, Volleyball England) and Janet Inman (Interim CEO, Volleyball England)......
23 Jan 2017
The first ever Work Experience Celebration Evening saw the "Intern of the Year" awarded ...
14 Oct 2016
Join us for one of the biggest student competition in the country. ...
10 Oct 2016
The HEVO programme has just finished its 6th year of delivery. Below vare some statistics:
88 HEVO's appointed
5 Senior HEVO's appointed
69 Universities enrolled
3,900 students playing weekly
5642 students tried volleyball
54% and 46% female to male gender split of students
73 Go Spike Student Activators qualified
40 Students trained as Grade 4 referees
Find Clubs / Events