Higher Education Volleyball Officer (HEVO) Programme
In January 2010 Volleyball England, as part of their commitment to developing Higher Education volleyball, launched the Higher Education Volleyball Officer (HEVO) programme.
Now in its 6th year the HEVO programme offers students from all universities a voluntary position to work with the National Governing Body and their University. The roles involve leading and co-ordinating the development of recreational volleyball at the host institution in order to encourage new players to come into the sport and to ensure all players have a quality experience at whatever level they participate.
- Over 2000 students participating weekly through the programme
- Improve workforce development through qualifying students as activators, coaches and referees
- Build relationships with universities
- Increase the number of students accessing high quality volleyball competitions (includes HEVOs running a mass participation festival)
ATTRIBUTES OF A HEVO
HEVO Universities will receive:
- A grant for volleyball club to develop recreational sessions
- A festival grant to run as mass participation festival
- Volleyball England kit to promote and assist the role!
- Access and funding support for two Go Spike Student Activator and two referee qualifications
- Discounted entry to the student cup
- Support & mentoring from Volleyball England through the HEVO conference
HOW TO JOIN THE PROGRAMME
Volleyball England have an open application process for the HEVO programme. Below are the documents required to apply :
A message from Keith Nicholls (Acting President, Volleyball England) and Janet Inman (Interim CEO, Volleyball England)......
16 Jan 2017
The first ever Work Experience Celebration Evening saw the "Intern of the Year" awarded ...
14 Oct 2016
Join us for one of the biggest student competition in the country. ...
10 Oct 2016
HEVO wall of fame
Below are the winners of the HEVO of the month 2016-17
The HEVO programme has just finished its 5th year of delivery. Below vare some statistics:
78 HEVO's appointed
8 Senior HEVO's appointed
71 Universities enrolled
2,300 students playing weekly
6000 students tried volleyball
4295 new students took part in volleyball
55% and 45% female to male gender split of students
Over 65 Go Spike Student Activators qualified
Find Clubs / Events