Volleyball is a totally inclusive sport enjoyed by all ages, both sexes and all cultures. It provides opportunities for both able bodied and disabled throughout the disciplines of beach/indoor and outdoor and also includes the paralympic sport of sitting volleyball.
The Volleyball England Foundation was established in November 2010. The Foundation’s Trustees hope to be able to give financial support to help develop, educate and promote the health of individuals and groups through the sport of volleyball. Our aim is to help ensure the opportunity to play volleyball is available for all and not limited by income.
The Volleyball England Foundation is looking for donations in order that we can allocate funding to groups or individuals. The Foundation operates an application process for this funding and will award grants twice a year. Donations of any size will be gratefully accepted in order that we can further the aims of the Foundation.
Volleyball is one of the top ten most popular sports by participation and is an excellent vehicle for team building and individual development. Some ways in which the Foundation may be of assistance could be to:
- Provide equipment or fund improvements to facilities used for grassroots volleyball
- Promote community participation in volleyball, e.g. supporting local community clubs by training coaches,
- Promote education and physical education for young people through schools coaching programmes and the provision of resources to schools,
- Financial assistance with the organisation of volleyball events and competitions
- Help disabled people e.g. to participate in volleyball or to train up as coaches.
Please speak with any of our Trustees at Volleyball England events or donate direct at email@example.com.
Volleyball England Foundation
3 Oakwood Drive
Tel: 01509 227722
Fax: 01509 227733
Registered in England number 07375990
Charity number 1138864