Young Event Volunteer Award
The Young Event Volunteer Award is aimed at 14-19 year olds and suitable for students, young club members or anyone wishing to develop their leadership skills through volleyball activity. The course has been developed with the aim of providing young people with the knowledge and skills to volunteer at a national or international volleyball event or take a lead in organising a volleyball event in their school / college or club.
The course is a 6 hour award and does not require participants to have any previous knowledge of volleyball. The award can be delivered by any PE Teacher (or equivalent) or a Volleyball England qualified coach supported by the Tutor Resource Pack. This easy-to-follow resource plans your sessions for you, is national curriculum friendly and can be delivered in one go or as part of PE lesson time.
Resource Pack Cost
The Tutor Resource Pack is £50 and includes:
- Step by step guide
- Information booklet
- Task cards
There is then no limit on the number of groups the Award can then be delivered.
The Young Event Volunteer Award Tutor Resource Pack will soon be available to order from the Volleyball England shop. Please contact IlonaBerry(National Volunteer and Leadership Development Officer) on email@example.com or 01509 227722 to be informed of special launch offers.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course the Young Event Volunteer will:
- A) Demonstrate a knowledge of volleyball and the Volleyball England competition structure
- B) Explain why volunteers are needed at events
- C) Be a line judge
- D) Perform the role of a courtside assistant and the role of a scoreboard assistant
- E) Assist with event administration
- F) Analyse the needs of different volleyball players and be able to be a Team Liaison Volunteer
- G) Help with media and photography surrounding an event
- H) Be a DJ assistant
- I) Look after spectators and VIPs.
- J) Investigate the next steps in volunteering at events